Sunday, May 13, 2012

English Bulldog

Spike



Spike is an English bulldog.  True to the breed standards he is robust, sturdy and full of wrinkes.  
  
  


The pattern for Spike is not an Eddybare original.  I adapted a pattern I found on a Russian website.  I'm not sure who the originator of the pattern is.......but I thank her (or him) for inspiring me to attempt this.  My thanks to two ladies who helped me - Natalia Valentina for helping me translate all the Russian bits I couldn't figure out; and to Natalya Ignatyeva, who helped me with the layout of the head pieces.  Your help was greatly appreciated.




Spike is fashioned from tan cashmere and white Sassy Longpile velvet.  His eyepatches are a matching tan Ultrasuede.



 
Just under 3 inches high and 4,5 inches from nose to tailHe stands well on his solid limbs. 


 


A lot of needlesculpting was necessary to create his squashed- in face and  wrinkly muzzle.
 
 


He has German glass black eyes and a hand embroidered nose, mouth and paw pads.

 
  

 

Spike wears a brown leather collar embroidered and studded.  He has been firmly stuffed with polyfibre and is unjointed.













  1. Spike is my absolutly favorit. i love this dog one, his face ist wonderful and his body is perfect

    love greats from sylvia from the mäsywi-bären

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Sylvia. I spent a long time trying to achieve a realistic bull-dog face so its great that someone loves it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too much good and lovely i am also looking for English Bulldog Puppies For Sale. If you guys have any information about this then please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment.